head of brand and marketing
Who We Are
We see a world where meditation is a fundamental part of every individual's daily hygiene. A world where the people around you have cultivated the capacity to become their best selves in the same way they cultivated better teeth.
This is the world we are building.
Core Wellness is an early stage startup made of a tight-knit team of bright individuals motivated to make this vision a reality. We bring together expertise in Education, Consumer Hardware, Behavioral Science, Technology, and Music to create a diverse and collaborative problem solving environment. Above all we value collaboration, transparency, and determination.
What We're Building
Have you tried meditation before, but had trouble sticking to it? Do you remember feeling like you were not doing it right? You are not alone! Learning to meditate is hard; it takes practice. But it doesn't have to be a chore. We are building the product to make meditation more tangible, more practical, and more engaging so that it can work in everyone's life.
We have developed a unique physical meditation tool combined with a personalized learning system to make meditation work for everyone. Core's device sits out on your nightstand or desk, not thrown in a drawer and forgotten, to serve as your daily reminder to continue your practice. When you pick the device up it will guide you into your meditation using a combination of unique forms of feedback, content, and live instructors. Using advanced biosensors in the device, Core provides you with insights about your nervous system during your meditation, finally closing the feedback loop. Over time, Core learns from your body, mind, and your practice to provide tips and recommendations on how to accelerate your mastery of meditation and your health and well-being.
Where We Are
We have been testing and iterating for years, refining the product experience to make it stand out above the rest. Now we are ready to scale our entire team to get this product to market as fast as possible. This will be the most exciting and most critical time for Core. With this comes the opportunity for you to make a huge impact on Core, Core's customers, and the future of meditation.
We are currently part of the Bolt Hardware Accelerator in San Francisco with a dynamic, creative community of hardware entrepreneurs. We also have special access to Autodesk's Pier 9 Workshop complete with a world class CNC shop, wood shop, metal shop, 3D Printers and more - it's any maker's dreamland. We have creative partnerships lined up that we are ready to build out and act on and are ready to move quickly towards consumer launch!
Who You Are
You want the opportunity to build our brand presence from the ground up! We have a strong and innovative vision internally and we need to translate that into our brand's positioning, language, and aesthetic as we gear up to launch to the world. We're looking for a true partner in building this out - a teammate who is creative, collaborative, determined, and talented. You combine data, intuition, customer understanding, and company vision to inform your decisions, and get things done with both integrity and hustle.
What You'll Do
- Clarify our internal vision into more crisp, clean brand identity and positioning.
- Own bringing this identity to life in our web and social media presence; packaging and materials; digital and pop-up/experiential marketing; and internal, external and investor communications.
- Develop our marketing roadmap to consumer launch.
Work alongside our CEO to strategize and execute on promotional and product partnerships, including with fitness and health brands, content collaborations, and brand ambassadors.
Build out a marketing team and manage a startup marketing budget, constantly learning and iterating to optimize results.
- 5+ years of experience involving consumer marketing, brand development, brand partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market research, develop positioning and messaging, and translate a vision into concrete design and activations
- Demonstrated ability to segment and target diverse consumer groups
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing initiatives from start to finish, including concepting, relationship building, execution, and capturing strong results
- Ability to switch seamlessly between high level strategic thinking and rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong understanding of cultural trends in health/wellness/fitness, lifestyle, and consumer technology
- Experience hiring and managing a team (combination of full-time and contractor management)
- Proactive, always problem-solving
- Team- and mission-driven, not ego-driven
- Willing to travel within the US (primarily LA, Boston, NYC for now)
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates!