Who We Are
We see a world where meditation is a fundamental part of every individual's daily hygiene. A world where the people around you have cultivated the capacity to become their best selves in the same way they cultivated better teeth.
This is the world we are building.
Core Wellness is an early stage startup made of a tight-knit team of bright individuals motivated to make this vision a reality. We bring together expertise in Education, Consumer Hardware, Behavioral Science, Technology, and Music to create a diverse and collaborative problem solving environment. Above all we value collaboration, transparency, and determination.
What We're Building
Have you tried meditation before, but had trouble sticking to it? Do you remember feeling like you were not doing it right? You are not alone! Learning to meditate is hard; it takes practice. But it doesn't have to be a chore. We are building the product to make meditation more tangible, more practical, and more engaging so that it can work in everyone's life.
We have developed a unique physical meditation tool combined with a personalized learning system to make meditation work for everyone. Core's device sits out on your nightstand or desk, not thrown in a drawer and forgotten, to serve as your daily reminder to continue your practice. When you pick the device up it will guide you into your meditation using a combination of unique forms of feedback, content, and live instructors. Using advanced biosensors in the device, Core provides you with insights about your nervous system during your meditation finally closing the feedback loop. Over time, Core learns from your body, mind, and your practice to provide tips and recommendations on how to accelerate your mastery of meditation.
Where We Are
We have been testing and iterating for years, refining the product experience to make it stand out above the rest . Now we are ready to scale our entire team to get this product to market as fast as possible. This will be the most exciting and most critical time for Core. With this comes the opportunity for you to make a huge impact on Core, Core's customers, and the future of meditation.
We are currently part of the Bolt Hardware Accelerator in San Francisco with a dynamic, creative community of hardware entrepreneurs. We also have special access to Autodesk's Pier 9 Workshop complete with a world class CNC shop, wood shop, metal shop, 3D Printers and more - it's any maker's dreamland.
Who You Are
You are a bright, motivated, hard working developer who wants to bring meditation to more people around the world. You are excited to jump into things, figure out what needs to be done, and get it done. You have a great eye for beautiful designs and interfaces and can work with the design team to translate designs into code easily.
What You'll Do
- Immerse yourself into a diverse and highly collaborative problem solving environment with an enthusiastic team
- Design, build, and maintain features that enable Core's unique product experience
- Take ownership of our iOS code-base and develop flexible, maintainable code
- Implement systems and processes to ensure the delivery of high quality software
- Work with our designers to enable seamless, delightful user experiences
- Contribute to the design and direction of our product!
- Enthusiastic problem solver with a deep understanding of computer science and front-end development
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code
- Balances scrappiness and rigor to get the task done
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Experience developing with Swift
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field/experience.
- Experience working with CoreBluetooth, ReactiveSwift / ReactiveCocoa
- Experience working with Data Persistence, Caching, and Networking with Alamofire
- Experience developing UI's in Sketch for when our designers fall behind
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates!