Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
We see a world where meditation is a fundamental part of every individual's daily hygiene. A world where the people around you have cultivated the capacity to become their best selves in the same way they cultivated better teeth.
This is the world we are building.
Core Wellness is an early stage startup made of a tight-knit team of bright individuals motivated to make this vision a reality. We bring together expertise in Education, Consumer Hardware, Behavioral Science, Technology, and Music to create a diverse and collaborative problem solving environment. Above all we value collaboration, transparency, and determination.
What We're Building
Have you tried meditation before, but had trouble sticking to it? Do you remember feeling like you were not doing it right? You are not alone! Learning to meditate is hard; it takes practice. But it doesn't have to be a chore. We are building the product to make meditation more tangible, more practical, and more engaging so that it can work in everyone's life.
We have developed a unique physical meditation tool combined with a personalized learning system to make meditation work for everyone. Core's device sits out on your nightstand or desk, not thrown in a drawer and forgotten, to serve as your daily reminder to continue your practice. When you pick the device up it will guide you into your meditation using a combination of unique forms of feedback, content, and live instructors. Using advanced biosensors in the device, Core provides you with insights about your nervous system during your meditation finally closing the feedback loop. Over time, Core learns from your body, mind, and your practice to provide tips and recommendations on how to accelerate your mastery of meditation.
Where We Are
We have been testing and iterating for years, refining the product experience to make it stand out above the rest . Now we are ready to scale our entire team to get this product to market as fast as possible. This will be the most exciting and most critical time for Core. With this comes the opportunity for you to make a huge impact on Core, Core's customers, and the future of meditation.
We are currently part of the Bolt Hardware Accelerator in San Francisco with a dynamic, creative community of hardware entrepreneurs. We also have special access to Autodesk's Pier 9 Workshop complete with a world class CNC shop, wood shop, metal shop, 3D Printers and more - it's any maker's dreamland.
Who You Are
You are a bright, motivated, dynamic software engineer and leader who wants to bring meditation to more people around the world. You know you can make a difference in a small team of talented entrepreneurs and engineers. You have excellent communication skills and continuously contribute to the team, but secretly love to jump into code and get your hands dirty. You understand what it takes to take a high-quality software project into production, and will help get our team there.
What You'll Do
- Immerse yourself into a diverse and highly collaborative problem solving environment with an enthusiastic team
- Design and implement algorithms that serve up unique insights and recommendations for our users
- Lead the development of our meditation content library and content management system
- Design, build, and maintain features that enable Core's unique product experience
- Take ownership of our software roadmap and lead the development team towards a timely delivery
- Take ownership of our Backend + Rest-API and execute architectural improvements and modifications
- Work with the team, dig into data, and execute data science experiments to discover new product insights
- Enthusiastic problem solver with a deep understanding of computer science and systems
- Strong product sense and open minded collaborator
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Balances scrappiness and rigor to get the task done
- Experienced with external API integrations and happy to dive in and learn new technologies
- Software generalist with experience in Python
- If not Python, hands-on experience with one of Java/Scala, Go, or C++ is also good
- 4+ years delivering high quality software
- 2+ years of API design, development and maintenance
- Experience building and leading software teams
- Experience working with remote developers
- Practical understanding of Data Science + ML
- Practical understanding of Database development and maintenance
- Experience with any biofeedback signals, ideally ECG or HRV (Heart Rate Variability)
- Passion for Behavioral Psychology and/or Human-Computer Interaction
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates!